This is a perennial question for any client facing professional, among others.
I don’t know about you, but I never stop calling until I can engage. It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad, I just need to connect and have a conversation before I move on…
If I don’t get a call back, here are some probable reasons for no reply, but not limited to:
1. My person is too busy
2. I haven’t got their attention
3. My messaging is not correct, not adding value
4. My message slipped to the bottom of a long list of other messages
5. My message didn’t get through, was deleted
Regardless of the reason, I never:
1. Take a lack of response personally, it’s just business
2. Stop trying to connect, I assume it’s viable until told otherwise
3. Stop looking for more effective ways to network
4. Stop moving, always stay in motion
At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter why, just keep moving, learning, and success will follow.
Most give up too soon.